Wednesday, 20 July 2016 | Barbara
Since I make dal at least once a week, I have tried all sorts of different brands, and these ones are the beet insofar. This is how I cook them:
- put half of a packet of lentils in a pot and add twice the amount of water, adding more if neccessary later on. Bring to boil.
- add a pinch of chili powder, half a teaspoon of turmeric (alternatively a fresh chili and fresh grated turmeric)
Now you will need a small frying pan and oil to prepare the rest.
- chop an onion, fry and add to the lentils
- grate one inch of ginger and one clove of garlic, fry for a few seconds and add to the lentils
- fry spices for a few seconds and add to the lentils. I use one teaspoon of cumin, three cloves, two green cardamom and half a teaspoon of ajowan.
After 15 minutes the dal will be ready. Serve with rice/bread, yoghurt and vegetables.
Was this helpful to you? Yes / No
This review has not been appraised.